This week’s lesson is called Sentence, Phrase, Word and is an activity to do while reading the short story, “The Sniper.” It involves you finding meaning in the story and writing about your discovery. The video recording of Tuesday’s live class explains the process.
To review, the activity is as follows:
- Read the short story “The Sniper”
- Choose a sentence (or sentences) that has a deeper meaning
- Reduce the sentence (or sentences) to a Phrase
- Reduce further to one Word
- Write a paragraph explaining what it means
That is all for the week. Our goal is to get everyone caught up by Tuesday and I will send out a current grade to everyone to let you know how you’re doing.